Chevy Sonic Owners Forum

Chevy Sonic Owners Forum (http://www.sonicownersforum.com/forum/)
-   Aftermarket Crowd (http://www.sonicownersforum.com/forum/aftermarket-crowd/)
-   -   Parts Conundrum (http://www.sonicownersforum.com/forum/aftermarket-crowd/22483-parts-conundrum.html)

Calorim 10-05-2017 08:10 PM

Parts Conundrum

Looking for some thoughts on best combo of parts to buy out of the following.

I could buy two of the following:

BNR Wastegate
BNR Ported Throttle Body
AEM Intake

Or I could buy this:

BNR LS7 Coil Upgrade

Thoughts on which is best?

Thanks for the advice!!!

boostiboo 10-05-2017 09:30 PM

The way I'm playing it is mods that are least expensive/will require the least vehicle down time are happening first (intake, downpipe, lowering (havnt decided springs of coilovers) short shifter etc)(aside from the tune which is one of the more expensive mods that I'm doing first) and the more expensive/Will keep my vehicle in more than one piece for not than a day (intercooler and hard charge pipe, bodywork, turbo ****ery, etc) will come later and be done over a long weekend for when I have extra leave to take. But I'm also budgeting to have enough overhead to buy another 1.4 motor and an MZ0 transmission for my final build so my actual build timeline is kinda just bouncing everywhere.

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

Blue Moon Sonic 10-05-2017 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calorim (Post 376925)
Looking for some thoughts on best combo of parts to buy out of the following.

I could buy two of the following:

BNR Wastegate
BNR Ported Throttle Body
AEM Intake

Or I could buy this:

BNR LS7 Coil Upgrade

Thoughts on which is best?

Thanks for the advice!!!

if you want any of these mods, You'll need to be tuned. Except for the BNR throttle body. If you buy an intake, I would recommend MPfabs intake since it comes with a MAF Screen and a velocity stack. The velocity stack will bring in the most air and the MAF screen straightens out the airflow before the MAF so you get a more accurate air flow reading. This will also prevent a lot of hesitation from happening as well as giving you a good bump in power.

Calorim 10-05-2017 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue Moon Sonic (Post 376933)
if you want any of these mods, You'll need to be tuned. Except for the BNR throttle body. If you buy an intake, I would recommend MPfabs intake since it comes with a MAF Screen and a velocity stack. The velocity stack will bring in the most air and the MAF screen straightens out the airflow before the MAF so you get a more accurate air flow reading. This will also prevent a lot of hesitation from happening as well as giving you a good bump in power.

I am already BNR tuned. I would just have to send in some new logs after the parts.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

cuartz7o 10-06-2017 12:04 AM

Are you making 20psi already with your stock Wastegate actuator? I wasn't but can now so I'd say wait if stock is performing well still. Ls7 coil pack worth it along with hard piping the intake for cheap until you can get MPFab or ZZP intake or, my fave, gm performance intake.

Calorim 10-06-2017 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cuartz7o (Post 376935)
Are you making 20psi already with your stock Wastegate actuator? I wasn't but can now so I'd say wait if stock is performing well still. Ls7 coil pack worth it along with hard piping the intake for cheap until you can get MPFab or ZZP intake or, my fave, gm performance intake.

I will have to get out my scanner and check the psi when I am driving.