Go Back   Chevy Sonic Owners Forum > Chevy Sonic: Vendor Forum > Bad News Racing

Like Tree17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2017, 03:55 PM   #11

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostiboo View Post
Is there any way to set it up so I get notified when these and the dp's restock? Or is that what the waiting list thing is for? I've never clicked it cause I wanted to avoid getting charged when they restocked lol.

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk
Click the wait list button and enter your information needed to notifications. Just make sure that you have cookies from third parties enabled. Found out the hard way that it breaks part of the script and causes it to always error out every time you enter text into the verification bar. The Waste gate actuators should still be in stock still from last night. Better get one now before they go out of stock again.
2006 AWD Pontiac Vibe - Retired for emergency use only. LS swap planned.
2012 VW Golf R 6spd manual -Stage 1. In storage till new tires go on.
Blue Moon Sonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 02:47 PM   #12

Garage

I got my wastegate actuator installed on Saturday night after my first tune and it's amazing. Holds boost way better than the stock all the way through the power band. Just a heads up, the instruction video says to start at 1 full turn but I kept getting a p1101 code at this setting and I'm at 18psi. I dialed it back a half turn of preload and erased the code and I haven't gotten the p1101 code again. So if you are over boosting and your MAF is freaking out just dial it back a half turn.
Chaos0311 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 02:28 PM   #13

Garage

I just got mine installed last night and WOW the change. The induction noise changed, becoming more whole sounding. Boost is easier to control, and when you want to send it, boy does she just go. Installation was a bit longer than expected. Had to take it apart and rotate the nipple to the correct location. First test run after two pulls. P2227 and a P0238. Second adjustment (now only a half turn in) no codes and the car was happy with multiple pulls under different conditions. Holds 20-21PSI no problems unlike before it would struggle to make it past 18 while sometimes holding 20.

On a side note. I did have one hiccup this morning on my way to work. The car decided to throw a pending over-boost code when I was in 4th holding 10psi up an incline. Hoping that it's a fluke since the car didn't have any issues all night when testing and drove under similar conditions.
BNRacing likes this.
Old 10-17-2017, 06:35 PM   #14
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostiboo View Post
Is there any way to set it up so I get notified when these and the dp's restock? Or is that what the waiting list thing is for? I've never clicked it cause I wanted to avoid getting charged when they restocked lol.

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk
That's what the wait list is for- you just get an email saying its in stock again. No charges.

Performance Parts and Custom Automotive Tuning

2015 Sonic 1.4T Automatic

BNR Downpipe, BNR Midpipe, BNR Intercooler, MPFab CAI, Forge BOV, ZZP Catback, BNR EFILive Tune

182WHP 232WTQ - stock turbo, 93 octane

201WHP 250WTQ - BNR GTX14
BNRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 07:51 PM   #15

Garage

A bit sad having to put the stock piece back on till my coil pack upgrade arrives over the weekend/next week. Love the part. Just need a corrected tune update to fix the issue.
Old 10-17-2017, 09:41 PM   #16

Default waste

So your saying is does not work correct ?
greg51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 10:47 PM   #17

Garage

I would have to guess it is the spring they used inside it modulating the Piston (like the forge bov recirculating or atmo have several different springs for diff boost ranges, green being 10-18ish, yellow 18ish-23ish.. red and blue for even higher) is probly for 18 to 25ish boost range and is to much for stock levels.

If you look up Forges wastegate actuator, they have four or five different springs for diff boost ranges.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Old 10-17-2017, 11:22 PM   #18

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg51 View Post
So your saying is does not work correct ?
It works exactly like it should. The spring rate in their design is not utilized for stock pressures. If you're not running at least 18psi there's no need for an upgraded wastegate actuator. It says on their site that it's not for stock cars. Adjustments have to be made based on your tune and boost pressure.
Blue Moon Sonic and Tormach like this.
Chaos0311 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 03:17 AM   #19

Garage

Chaos is correct. I'm just an isolated case and with a unique situation. The part works exactly as intended and is worthy of praise even. The quality is amazing and the benefits are outstanding.
Old 10-18-2017, 01:09 PM   #20

Default boost

I was going to order 1 last week think i will wait. I have read about issues with boost codes on facebook from several people. Blue moon how do you get a boost code at 10 psi ?? g
greg51 is offline   Reply With Quote