Go Back   Chevy Sonic Owners Forum > Chevrolet Sonic: General > Chevy Sonic Owners Forum

Like Tree2Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2013, 04:25 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
barch88's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Bellingham, WA
Posts: 789
Garage
Default Hatch won't open...

My hatch will not open. Yes all doors are unlocked, tried unlocking inside and key fob. Yes my e-brake is up when I try too. I'm guessing maybe a fuse or something? Anyway to reset my lock/fob? This is covered under my bumper to bumper, right?

Thanks.
__________________
Too many mods to list...

SotM - Jan 2014
barch88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 04:47 AM   #2
Junior Member
 
rdss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NE FL
Posts: 10,017
Garage
Default

This sounds familiar.

Hatch won't open ! Tips!
__________________
2016 Ford F-250 4x4 Power Stroke
rdss Sonic build thread
rdss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 04:59 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
barch88's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Bellingham, WA
Posts: 789
Garage
Default

Nothing in that thread worked, although I haven't tried taking any fuses out (pouring rain right now). I'll try tomorrow.
__________________
Too many mods to list...

SotM - Jan 2014
barch88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 05:01 AM   #4
Junior Member
 
rdss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NE FL
Posts: 10,017
Garage
Default

It's just a known problem and I pointed you to a thread that already was talking about the issue you're having. Good luck with solving your issue, it has to be frustrating. Have you taken it to the dealer to diagnose the issue? It should still be under warranty.
__________________
2016 Ford F-250 4x4 Power Stroke
rdss Sonic build thread
rdss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 05:04 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
barch88's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Bellingham, WA
Posts: 789
Garage
Default

Not yet I'll stop by sometime next week to see if they can take a look at it. Hopefully unplugging all the wires from the BCM works, like that last post in the thread said. If it wasn't pouring I'd go do it now. Yeah, it better under warranty my car has 900 miles on it.
__________________
Too many mods to list...

SotM - Jan 2014
barch88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 05:07 AM   #6
Junior Member
 
rdss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NE FL
Posts: 10,017
Garage
Default

Hopefully it works, maybe pull the battery for a while too. I have a sedan and it would be frustrating not having access to the trunk since I use it just about daily.
__________________
2016 Ford F-250 4x4 Power Stroke
rdss Sonic build thread
rdss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 05:42 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
barch88's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Bellingham, WA
Posts: 789
Garage
Default

So I pulled into an overhead at the gas station, took the plastic cover off - I don't know what the BMC is. I see the fuse box, and a couple wires going to it - but I don't know what exactly the BMC is, if it's seperate, etc. Plus I think it is all still together and not hanging down like the one that the member from that threads was. I'll just take it to the dealer. I just don't want them ****ing up my tint, scratching up my door, etc - that thread made me scared of the dealer haha.
__________________
Too many mods to list...

SotM - Jan 2014
barch88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 05:46 AM   #8
Junior Member
 
rdss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NE FL
Posts: 10,017
Garage
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by barch88 View Post
So I pulled into an overhead at the gas station, took the plastic cover off - I don't know what the BMC is. I see the fuse box, and a couple wires going to it - but I don't know what exactly the BMC is, if it's seperate, etc. Plus I think it is all still together and not hanging down like the one that the member from that threads was. I'll just take it to the dealer. I just don't want them ****ing up my tint, scratching up my door, etc - that thread made me scared of the dealer haha.
BCM is the "Body Control Module" and has a ton of jobs from abs, stability control, stereo, cruise control, etc, etc. It sounds like you need to bring it in. Document the condition of your car and do not except it back if they damage anything. I had a rattle in the A pillar in my Civic Si and the scratched the strip of tint on the windshield, the paid for its replacement.
__________________
2016 Ford F-250 4x4 Power Stroke
rdss Sonic build thread

Last edited by rdss; 05-18-2013 at 05:56 AM.
rdss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 05:48 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
barch88's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Bellingham, WA
Posts: 789
Garage
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdss View Post
BCM is the "Body Control Module" and has a ton of jobs from abs, stability control, stereo, cruise control, etc, etc. It sounds like you need to bring it in. Document the condition of your car and do not except it back if they damage anything. I had a rattle in the A pillar in my Civic Si and the scratched the strip of tint on the windshield, the paid for its replacement.
I know what it is, I just don't know WHERE it is. I think it's pretty far back into the panel and you probably need to take the entire plastic trim off to get to it - so I'll bring it in. I'll be sure to document it when I drop it off and check it thoroughly when I pick it up.

Thanks.
__________________
Too many mods to list...

SotM - Jan 2014
barch88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 05:55 AM   #10
Junior Member
 
rdss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NE FL
Posts: 10,017
Garage
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by barch88 View Post
I know what it is, I just don't know WHERE it is. I think it's pretty far back into the panel and you probably need to take the entire plastic trim off to get to it - so I'll bring it in. I'll be sure to document it when I drop it off and check it thoroughly when I pick it up.

Thanks.
Call me literal, if you say you don't know what something is I, going to try and help....... People that know me do.


Quote:
Originally Posted by barch88 View Post
I don't know what the BMC is.
Good luck with solving your problem.
__________________
2016 Ford F-250 4x4 Power Stroke
rdss Sonic build thread
rdss is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT. The time now is 04:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.