Go Back   Chevy Sonic Owners Forum > Chevrolet Sonic: General > Factory Specifications

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Natesriv
  • 1 Post By MyLonewolf25
  • 2 Post By

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2016, 01:07 PM   #1

Garage
Default 2017 Fitments?

Hey all, got my 2017 Premium manual transmission Hatch and been reading a lot to get acclimated here. There doesn't seem to be much info for the 2017's yet. So....

Gonna be sunny today and I'll upload some pics. Anything specific you want to see? Can't really get under the car but I can get my ramps out possibly.

I'm interested in fitments for downpipe, catback, BOV, mounts, and tuning (for after the warranty expires, of course). Thanks!

Last edited by diazmjd; 01-10-2017 at 01:26 PM.
diazmjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 06:10 PM   #2

Garage

2017 Fitments?-img_6525.jpg

2017 Fitments?-img_6529.jpg

2017 Fitments?-img_6530.jpg
diazmjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 09:08 PM   #3
Lead Foot

Garage

The 2017 is really just an MCE. The interior and some exterior parts are new. I do believe the turbo engine is the same... GUYS??

We've vendors here, they'll have tunes for the 17's very soon. I don't think they made any changes to systems for catbacks, MAYBE the BOV, the mounts should be the same too...

There was supposed to be an ALL new Sonic around this time, but small cars are not selling here very well.. (gas is cheap)...

The best seller is the F-150... why so many trucks, I'll never know!
diazmjd likes this.
Old 12-27-2016, 10:03 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natesriv View Post
The 2017 is really just an MCE. The interior and some exterior parts are new. I do believe the turbo engine is the same... GUYS??

We've vendors here, they'll have tunes for the 17's very soon. I don't think they made any changes to systems for catbacks, MAYBE the BOV, the mounts should be the same too...

There was supposed to be an ALL new Sonic around this time, but small cars are not selling here very well.. (gas is cheap)...

Why
Because murica
Why the f-150?
Because it's the cheapest truck you can buy and they inflate their numbers with fleet vehicles and commercial vehicles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
diazmjd likes this.
Old 01-09-2017, 06:51 AM   #5

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natesriv View Post

I was looking at a 2017 in the dealership and the salesperson claimed it was an all-new engine for 2017. I took a hard look at the entire engine bay and all that looked new was an extension was added to the oil filler.

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.
rcmn0022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 12:01 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmn0022 View Post
I was looking at a 2017 in the dealership and the salesperson claimed it was an all-new engine for 2017. I took a hard look at the entire engine bay and all that looked new was an extension was added to the oil filler.

I believe the engine is also direct injection?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-10-2017, 02:14 AM   #7
The Sticker Guy

Garage

The 2017 sonic did not get a new engine, same as before.

The Cruze did

Sent from my S60 using Tapatalk
carsNskis and diazmjd like this.

interested in AMSOIL?
http://www.snailwerksracing.com/amsoil.html

I get all my parts from Bad News Racing- Click their logo to check them out!

$ub$onic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 05:59 PM   #8

Default DLIS Fuse on 2017 Sonic LT

Could someone confirm if the 2017 Sonic non-RS models have the DLIS fuse by physically checking (don't depend on the manual).

The 2017 Sonic RS models don't - is that because it is a RS, or because it is a 2017.

A local RV dealer says they were unable to set up a 2017 Sonic (non-RS) for dinghy towing as there was no DLIS fuse present, and the operator manual requires pulling the DLIS fuse for flat towing.

Thanks

Bruce

-----------------------------
My 2016 Sonic LT is a toad.
yycbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 05:01 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by diazmjd View Post
Hey all, got my 2017 Premium manual transmission Hatch and been reading a lot to get acclimated here. There doesn't seem to be much info for the 2017's yet. So....

Gonna be sunny today and I'll upload some pics. Anything specific you want to see? Can't really get under the car but I can get my ramps out possibly.

I'm interested in fitments for downpipe, catback, BOV, mounts, and tuning (for after the warranty expires, of course). Thanks!
I don't think anyone answered your questions. Downpipe looks the same too me. the lower mount looks the same but the upper looks slightly different. Might just be mounting hardware. Idk about the BOV since I didn't see a picture for it. If you're relatively thin you can slide under from behind the car and take a look at the catback or at least part of it. Compare it with pictures from the internet.
JesusTheAgnostic is online now   Reply With Quote