Go Back   Chevy Sonic Owners Forum > Chevrolet Sonic: General > General Discussion

Like Tree28Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2017, 02:58 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailurman View Post
Let's see, 2013 LT 1.4 Auto. 55k miles........ let's see....... wait..... ummmm...... oh yeah, that's it, water pump dribbling at 15k. Not even enough to see, just a coolant smell on occasion and the dealer had it in and out same day. Mine is not a paperweight. And all service is provided by my dealer's service department which Rocks!
I'm glad you've had luck. I have the tow truck company on speed dial. My neighbors say to me, "Again?" when they see it on the tow truck. This car cannot literally go more than 6 months with something going wrong with it beyond normal maintenance.
Ponchoguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 10:19 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponchoguy View Post
I'm glad you've had luck. I have the tow truck company on speed dial. My neighbors say to me, "Again?" when they see it on the tow truck. This car cannot literally go more than 6 months with something going wrong with it beyond normal maintenance.
No, not luck. I have a typical GM product that is serving me very well. Where as you and a few others have atypical experiences with your GM experience. Overall, and for the majority of people this little econobox is a rock star, especially the 1.4 turbo. But, you and a few others have gotten the lemons.... and I'm sorry for you. Unhappy people are always much louder than happy people. Good luck with your bad luck.
FWSRT4 likes this.

Trifecta Tuned REMOVED because the car is in college getting smarter

Injen Intake REMOVED because my son does not need to send out "Look At Me calls to the Campus or City police

DDM Rear Brace REMOVED because it's a piece of crap and creaks

Chevy Cruze Eco Wheels BEAUTIFUL

Pirelli Cinturato P7 205 50 17 AWESOME (much better than the equivalent Michelins)
Sailurman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 10:19 PM   #23

Garage

Bitch. Moan. Repeat. Trade it already

carsNskis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 01:12 AM   #24

Garage

It's the one thing I don't get.. why keep it if it is such a headache.

With the few thing's I've had go wrong with her, I have no complaints.. but more so that the platform has room for growth..

On a side, after finishing up inspecting and surveying two hospitals Thursday, I saw this little gem (even if it is a kit car, totally love seeming them) when I had lunch. Enjoy
Attached Thumbnails
Junk!-img_20170810_144306410.jpg   Junk!-img_20170810_144246143.jpg  
Llia likes this.
Old 08-12-2017, 09:52 PM   #25

Garage

I think collectively we are smart enough to solve all the issues GM has dumped on us. Wish it didn't have to be this way. I love the car so the extra effort to keep it running is worth it.

If all goes as planned
https://youtu.be/MQdD8jOsjDw

Last edited by Llia; 08-13-2017 at 11:07 AM.
Llia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 04:47 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by carsNskis View Post
Bitch. Moan. Repeat. Trade it already

That's not saying much for good ol' GM if you have to trade a vehicle in after a year because it's a POS... Sorry man.. I'm not made of money. Like most little peons in this country, I simply can't get rid of a financed vehicle whenever the hell I feel like it.. Trust me, if I could I would've dumped it along time ago...
Ponchoguy and Llia like this.
Puzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 03:07 AM   #27

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puzz View Post
That's not saying much for good ol' GM if you have to trade a vehicle in after a year because it's a POS... Sorry man.. I'm not made of money. Like most little peons in this country, I simply can't get rid of a financed vehicle whenever the hell I feel like it.. Trust me, if I could I would've dumped it along time ago...
I suppose complaining on an enthusiasts forum fixes the problem masterfully

Blue Moon Sonic and Tormach like this.
carsNskis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 01:04 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormach View Post
It's the one thing I don't get.. why keep it if it is such a headache.

With the few thing's I've had go wrong with her, I have no complaints.. but more so that the platform has room for growth..

On a side, after finishing up inspecting and surveying two hospitals Thursday, I saw this little gem (even if it is a kit car, totally love seeming them) when I had lunch. Enjoy
I think when you buy something such as a car (the second most expensive item typically in your life), you have a right to expect reasonable quality and longevity from it. You shouldn't have to trade a car in after 5 years because parts that should last longer are falling apart. I don't think at 35k miles I should have had to deal with a blown head gasket and warped cylinder head. True, GM took care of it, but a car is better when it's working for you (transporting you) than at the dealer's service department. I have not gone 6 months straight without something knocking this car out of service. That's not good. I take care of this car. I do all the work myself as far as maintenance. The rest goes to the dealer under warranty. The fact I had to claw and fight GM to warranty this car until 2021 is not a testament to its quality.

The small car segment is very tight and competitive and I feel on the Sonic, GM didn't bring their "A" game to the battle. Partnering with Daewoo was a mistake. It didn't work in the 1980s, time to partner with someone else. How about Toyota like they did at NUMMI? Those cars were very good quality and the arrangement worked well for years.

If you're going to partner, at least pick your a good ally. Daewoo is not one of them. Daewoo tried selling cars in US market. We all know how good that went.

Last edited by Ponchoguy; 08-14-2017 at 01:06 PM.
Old 08-14-2017, 01:07 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by carsNskis View Post
I suppose complaining on an enthusiasts forum fixes the problem masterfully

You're going to find compliments and complaints on any forum for just about anything. It's human nature. Nothing wrong with it.
Old 08-14-2017, 01:09 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puzz View Post
I believe that you have a reasonable right to expect the car to be reliable and not have parts that should last longer just fall apart that quickly. Every day it's out of service it's not of use to you, even if the dealer is fixing it for free. It's a hassle and something we don't need in our busy lives.
Llia likes this.