Go Back   Chevy Sonic Owners Forum > Chevrolet Sonic: General > General Discussion

Like Tree52Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2017, 11:25 PM   #1

Default Junk!

I'm a chevy man! Have been all my life! With that said these cars are junk! I have had to replace way too much stuff. Replaced -
Turbo
Water pump
Head- head gasket
Coolant reservoir
Water outlet
Sway bar end links have been clanging around for awhile
Pass window will not role up
Now the electric fan is out
What the h$ll is next! 😠😠
Old 08-07-2017, 11:59 AM   #2
Lead Foot

Garage

I'm thinking you bought a 2012?
Old 08-09-2017, 02:31 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ffor View Post
I'm a chevy man! Have been all my life! With that said these cars are junk! I have had to replace way too much stuff. Replaced -
Turbo
Water pump
Head- head gasket
Coolant reservoir
Water outlet
I hear ya man.. Sorry for everything you've been through.. I hope mine doesn't do all of that. I've always purchased new cars my whole life and have never had this amount of problems with any of them until this one came along.. There's absolutely NO excuse!
Old 08-09-2017, 03:07 PM   #4

Garage

I'm laughing here. The car isn't junk, just built cheaply for people who need a cheap economical daily driver that will be replaced in the next 3 years. A lot of the issues are remedied easily. 65k on my 2012 and I've had only had to replace the valve cover, sway-bar end-links and my turbo. The turbo was my fault, but only because I actually raced the vehicle with a lot of consecutive boosted launches.
2006 AWD Pontiac Vibe - Retired for emergency use only. LS swap planned.
2012 VW Golf R 6spd manual -Stage 1. In storage till new tires go on.
Old 08-09-2017, 03:28 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ffor View Post
Turbo
Water pump
Head- head gasket
Coolant reservoir
Water outlet
So tell us the history of the problems, besides the fact that you purchased used in 2015.

Trifecta Tuned REMOVED because the car is in college getting smarter

Injen Intake REMOVED because my son does not need to send out "Look At Me calls to the Campus or City police

DDM Rear Brace REMOVED because it's a piece of crap and creaks

Chevy Cruze Eco Wheels BEAUTIFUL

Pirelli Cinturato P7 205 50 17 AWESOME (much better than the equivalent Michelins)
Old 08-09-2017, 03:29 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailurman View Post
So tell us the history of the problems, besides the fact that you purchased used in 2015.
Hello from Chattanooga Tennessee

Trifecta Tuned REMOVED because the car is in college getting smarter

Injen Intake REMOVED because my son does not need to send out "Look At Me calls to the Campus or City police

DDM Rear Brace REMOVED because it's a piece of crap and creaks

Chevy Cruze Eco Wheels BEAUTIFUL

Pirelli Cinturato P7 205 50 17 AWESOME (much better than the equivalent Michelins)
Old 08-10-2017, 03:08 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Moon Sonic View Post
I'm laughing here. The car isn't junk, just built cheaply for people who need a cheap economical daily driver that will be replaced in the next 3 years. A lot of the issues are remedied easily. 65k on my 2012 and I've had only had to replace the valve cover, sway-bar end-links and my turbo. The turbo was my fault, but only because I actually raced the vehicle with a lot of consecutive boosted launches.
Sorry man.. When I purchased this car, I wasn't thinking cheaply slapped together econo box.. Certainly not at the $20,000 price tag I payed for it.. For this price, I sure as hell expect better! My old 2010 base model Kia Soul was plain as day and never once went to the dealership for anything other than oil changes. 5 years of ownership perfection. I've only had this car for a year and it's already been to the dealership 3 times, 2 in which it was towed there... Pathetic..
Old 08-10-2017, 05:17 AM   #8

Garage

Look on the bright side, you've handled all the issues that are known for the 2012 and the rest of your experience should be trouble free.

How much did the repairs cost out of pocket?

Old 08-10-2017, 02:12 PM   #9

It's a 2013 ltz i bought used in july of 15, only 25000 miles. Bought for fuel economy. I drive a long way to work. Only mods it had were exhaust and lowered. Well taken care of ,very clean. Water pump when out around 60000 to 70000, Turbo at 99700. Blew the head gasket warped the head, and cracked the coolant tank and water outlet at the sametime 111047 miles. Electric fan at 113300. The car is not abused! Just driven right at 200 a day. (Hwy) Yes thats a lot of miles, but compared to my other vehicles not a third of the miles and 3 times the trouble!
Llia likes this.
Old 08-10-2017, 02:16 PM   #10

Out of pocket around $850. And still have to fix the pass window and the end links.
Closed Thread