Go Back   Chevy Sonic Owners Forum > Chevrolet Sonic: General > General Discussion

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2018, 01:28 AM   #11

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearNoEvil56 View Post
Im in Petoskey and I just might take you up on those tires! I have stock which I believe are 15s? And yes they are completely trash in the snow -_- Do you stand by the Pirelli P4 all seasons? Id rather have all season that perform well in winter, simply due to the fact I have nowhere to store other tires.

As far as the front bumper being the issue, by far it is. I only have little under 5 inches of clearance from the ground. I bottom out alot.

What issues would you all expect if I were to lift the suspension? Its something in really interested in.

Honestly the only issues with the suspension would be that you’d have to find a donor set or springs etc from the Chevy trax, simple install to be honest, just would look a little off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Espysonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 03:58 AM   #12

got a good set of winter tires on my sonic and so do my parents.. it aint no 4x4 but still better then my dodge caliber..
92dakota is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 06:50 PM   #13

Garage

Living in WI with what used to be brutal winters, I can vouch about the factory hancooks. they're suicidal bad. I'm lowered and don't have any issues in the winter. If the snow storm is bad enough, I'll throw winter treads on. Otherwise, I run all seasons year round for daily use.
2006 AWD Pontiac Vibe - Retired for emergency use only. LS swap planned.
2012 VW Golf R 6spd manual -Stage 1. In storage till new tires go on.
Blue Moon Sonic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 08:59 PM   #14

Default Pirelli P4's

The P4's are NOT as good as real snows tires, but they are a very good reasonably priced all season tire, very quiet in summer, etc. Tirerack has them ranked #2 out of 15 or 20 standard all season tires tested. #1 is a Continental TrueContact that is hard to find, but Walmart can order them for you for less than Tirerack charges.

I went with the Pirellis from Sams because I live two miles from a club and the workers at the local Walmart tire center are just terrible.

BTW, two of my three Sonics do have the 15 inch wheels.
gnonne is online now   Reply With Quote