Go Back   Chevy Sonic Owners Forum > Chevrolet Sonic: Main > New Member Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2017, 09:06 AM   #1

Garage
Default Dusk Package

I own a 2014 Sonic with the Dusk Package. Does anyone else have one?
I Installed a Borla Cat back on there and a Cold Air Induction Kit (Chevy Performance). It really improved the torque and horsepower. It’s nice that they put the 215/45 ZR 18 93Y rated tires from the factory. That’s the same speed and weight rating as the Corvette Stingray and other high performance sports cars. That makes it fun to drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Dusk 1; 11-20-2017 at 07:14 PM.
Dusk 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 04:42 PM   #2

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusk 1 View Post
I own a 2014 Sonic with the Dusk Package. Does anyone else have one?
I put the Borla Cat back on there and the Cold Air Induction Kit (Chevy Performance). It really improved the torque and horsepower. It’s nice that they put the 215/45 ZR 18 93Y rated tires from the factory. That’s the same speed and weight rating as the Corvette Stingray and other high performance sports cars. That makes it fun to drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome & Congrats Dusk 1

Get your 10 posts then show some pics of her...gotta see these 18" rims you speak of

2015 RS Sedan - Black Granite
My single engine Tie-Fighter on wheels
https://wheelwell.com/corey-crow
SuperSonic15 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 06:59 PM   #3

Garage

I just got new tires and read about the dusk package and the bigger size they had. I wish I had had those.
Crumbi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 09:53 PM   #4

Garage

Yeah Because the Dusk package is a Limited edition the wheels are limited to that package Altogether I have had the windows tinted , had the speakers replaced with infinity kappa. I had the Chevrolet performance programmed cold air induction kit wrapped in gold… The kit is 50 state emissions Legal. Haven’t had to do break replacement on the four Disks yet at 80,000 miles already…I had Chevrolet dealer Install Borla Cat-back so to not void the warranty. With options the car has cost me at the moment $33,000…Nice pick you have for your car. Sorry Speak to text not always accurate.

Last edited by Dusk 1; 10-02-2017 at 10:01 PM. Reason: Speak to text not always accurate
Old 10-04-2017, 02:39 AM   #5

Garage

Welcome to SOF!

How long have you owned the Dusk, or did you buy it new.
Also, when you got the Borla did you get the additional programming for that as well?
Get your 10 post in and put up some pics. We def want to see it.
Old 10-04-2017, 05:32 PM   #6

Never heard of the dusk package
Parkourohm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 12:28 AM   #7

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusk 1 View Post
Yeah Because the Dusk package is a Limited edition the wheels are limited to that package Altogether I have had the windows tinted , had the speakers replaced with infinity kappa. I had the Chevrolet performance programmed cold air induction kit wrapped in gold… The kit is 50 state emissions Legal. Haven’t had to do break replacement on the four Disks yet at 80,000 miles already…I had Chevrolet dealer Install Borla Cat-back so to not void the warranty. With options the car has cost me at the moment $33,000…Nice pick you have for your car. Sorry Speak to text not always accurate.
Does it state the intake is actually 50 state legal? I wasn't aware and can't find it myself online. Good for CA folks such as myself.
Old 10-06-2017, 01:11 PM   #8

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuartz7o View Post
Does it state the intake is actually 50 state legal? I wasn't aware and can't find it myself online. Good for CA folks such as myself.
It is 50 state legal on the 2015 and earlier. It is not rated for 2016 and higher because I think some California emission states changed and it might no longer be. If you are not in one of those states the dealer can still install it after talking with them. I have the intake in my 2016 RS painted red to match.
Crumbi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 08:19 AM   #9

Garage

Yeah I had a Chevy performance authorized dealer install the Borla..and the cold air induction kit... I had mine installed in 2014 and I did buy the car new. The kit also included in the program for exhaust and cold air intake kit as well as the 50 state legal certificate and label.
Old 10-10-2017, 06:42 PM   #10

Garage

? Still curious does anybody know why GM Installed 215/45ZR18 93Y XL Tires on the dusk package. It seems a little excessive for 186 mile an hour tires when they usually use tires like that on supercars.

Last edited by Dusk 1; 11-06-2017 at 04:53 PM.