Go Back   Chevy Sonic Owners Forum > Chevrolet Sonic: Main > New Member Introductions

Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By MTN2H2O
  • 1 Post By orangeltz13
  • 2 Post By Kira

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2018, 09:40 AM   #1

Garage
Default Virginia is for Sonic lovers

Whatís up folks! Just got my new-to-me Ď14 LTZ a month ago. Boy are these things hard to find around my location. Well at least in white, turbo, auto, with sunroof. I only had to drive to MICHIGAN for the closest one! After months of searching online this little beauty popped up for sale as the closest match to me in VA lol. Coincidentally I needed to burn up some PTO before years end, and had already planned a trip to visit some family in Michigan a few days prior. With little optimism, I texted them for their address to see if this one wasnít too far off the route to go view. Turns out it was only 6 miles down the street from their house. When we arrived at the dealership it was pulled up like someone had purchased it. Turns out it was still for sale and it was just waiting on me! Meet ĎCarma.í Iíve done a lot of research on it since and most searches lead to this site. Thanks to all those who have come before and shared their knowledge and pics. Since purchase Iíve installed the roof racks and some rally style lights. I always check the site to get ideas and reference. Many thanks!!!
MTN2H2O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 02:55 PM   #2

Garage

Welcome & Congrats MTN2H2O!

Yeah, the older models are getting scooped up everywhere. Glad you were able to find what you were looking for as well as spend time with relatives near the dealership. What part of Michigan did you find her?

Thanks for the pic. Keep em rolling

2015 RS Sedan - Black Granite
My single engine Tie-Fighter on wheels
https://wheelwell.com/corey-crow
SuperSonic15 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 05:20 PM   #3

Garage

Thanks SuperSonic15! I got it from St. Clair Chevrolet in China, Michigan. Many upgrades planned and will keep the pics coming. Plan on installing a 30Ē led bar to the racks this weekend. Iím out of town on work and the anxiousness is growing knowing the box is back home waiting!
MTN2H2O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 12:44 PM   #4

Garage
Talking Congrats on your new purchase...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTN2H2O View Post
Whatís up folks! Just got my new-to-me Ď14 LTZ a month ago. Boy are these things hard to find around my location. Well at least in white, turbo, auto, with sunroof. I only had to drive to MICHIGAN for the closest one! After months of searching online this little beauty popped up for sale as the closest match to me in VA lol. Coincidentally I needed to burn up some PTO before years end, and had already planned a trip to visit some family in Michigan a few days prior. With little optimism, I texted them for their address to see if this one wasnít too far off the route to go view. Turns out it was only 6 miles down the street from their house. When we arrived at the dealership it was pulled up like someone had purchased it. Turns out it was still for sale and it was just waiting on me! Meet ĎCarma.í Iíve done a lot of research on it since and most searches lead to this site. Thanks to all those who have come before and shared their knowledge and pics. Since purchase Iíve installed the roof racks and some rally style lights. I always check the site to get ideas and reference. Many thanks!!!
The Sonic is a nice car for the money. I test drove on prior to the purchase of my 2013 LTZ. The car I test drove was an automatic 1.8. It seemed like a nice ride but I didn't like the acceleration so when I did my search I included the 1.4 turbo. Also, because the car was so small and I knew most of the time I would be using it on the freeway I opted for the inferno orange with the manual 6-speed transmission. To make my quest even more difficult I added a sunroof too. After about a month one finally became available (the sunroof had to be installed after purchase). It is a great car and the only after market additions are the 2-150W kicker subwoofer, deflector shield and brake, clutch and gas pedal covers. I purchased it in 2013 and paid it off last year. Now I can put some real money in to it. Enjoy you new ride....
MTN2H2O likes this.
orangeltz13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 10:13 PM   #5

Garage
Default Virginia Sonic fleet

Hey MTN2H2O, I must have been searching around at the same time as you bud. Picked up a 2014 Ashen Grey, Manual 1.4 LTZ hatch a couple of weeks ago. Loving the manual which is what I was used to. So far I'm really impressed with all of the features on the Sonic. Biggest fear was that I am 6ft 1" but I have no problem driving any distance, its great. Know what you mean about rarity though, I looked for months to find one local at a good price and condition. (Northern VA) The 2014 lines and looks are just spot on, I like it much better than some later versions. Right with you on this site too, good folks and some great information. Thanks All.
Old 02-12-2018, 10:30 PM   #6

Garage

Yay! Somone else in Virginia! I know what you mean about finding decent Sonics in VA. I'm in the Roanoke area I had to go to Greensboro NC. to pick mine up.
VaBumbleBee and Maddog like this.
Kira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 03:12 AM   #7

Garage

Looking good fam! You obviously have good taste! :Kappa
ATplace2be is offline   Reply With Quote