Go Back   Chevy Sonic Owners Forum > Chevy Sonic: Vendor Forum > Racer X Fabrication

Like Tree31Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2018, 05:02 AM   #21

Garage

I wonder... looks like they're running toyota 43mm tbs on this... I bet a mounting plate and fuel rail would be pretty easy for these cats to whip up...

1.8 owners wouldn't be able to even

https://www.junkmail.co.za/car-spare...c222e6a8b07659

carsNskis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 06:14 PM   #22

Garage

If I could make a suggestion for these tiny cars. I would say, Higher capacity and more efficient radiator that doesn't use plastic end tanks.
Metal water outlet (I know someone makes a metal Thermostat housing, Just don't know who)
Aluminum Expansion tank for coolant
If Possible, An oil cooler bypass/reroute with filter relocation. The location of the factory unit is an absolute travesty and when it ever fails, You're forced to remove the turbo to even pull it off because it's right behind the exhaust manifold. Would also make servicing the filter easier if relocated so people don't have to pull the charge tubes off just to replace the bloody filter.
jeff@racerxfab likes this.
2006 AWD Pontiac Vibe - Retired for emergency use only. LS swap planned.
2012 VW Golf R 6spd manual -Stage 1. In storage till new tires go on.
Blue Moon Sonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 10:04 PM   #23
Supporting Vendor

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Moon Sonic View Post
If I could make a suggestion for these tiny cars. I would say, Higher capacity and more efficient radiator that doesn't use plastic end tanks.
Metal water outlet (I know someone makes a metal Thermostat housing, Just don't know who)
Aluminum Expansion tank for coolant
If Possible, An oil cooler bypass/reroute with filter relocation. The location of the factory unit is an absolute travesty and when it ever fails, You're forced to remove the turbo to even pull it off because it's right behind the exhaust manifold. Would also make servicing the filter easier if relocated so people don't have to pull the charge tubes off just to replace the bloody filter.
Thanks for the input, we will take a look at these things and hopefully we can get to work on some of them.
racerxfabrication.com
jeff@racerxfab is offline   Reply With Quote