Go Back   Chevy Sonic Owners Forum > Chevy Sonic: Technical > Transmission Discussion

Like Tree130Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2016, 12:52 AM   #501

Garage

Mine did it today at like 4k rpm i was so confused. Granted i romoed first with traction on and went into 2nd quicjer than usual, but thr gring doesnt usually occur until 4500 or 5k and you gotta be on it hard.

Anyone with the trans mount mod, does it help? Shifter bushings, shirt throw, any remidies? I have an extended warranty so im leary to throw the redline in

14 RS manual- Zspec wheels, MFab intake, Zzp highflow catback RS muffler, Camaro Brake Swap, full LED/ ZXE swap, Rokblokz mudflaps, plenty of vinyls and spray paint to go around.

02 S10 2.2 turbo. Please don't ask why.
minitrucking02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 04:31 AM   #502

Garage

I'm at 43k miles on my RS manual and just replaced the factory fluid with 2.5qts of Amsoil Synchromesh and my 1-2 grind is gone. The actual rowing of the gears feels about the same but after warming up 5+6 gear are very easy to get into, flies in like butter.

Overall definitely worth changing it out if you can DIY it as its only $40 for the oil and maybe $20 In tools if you don't have any.

On my 2013 I used a 10mm long L-shaped hex Allen key to undo the drain bolt and a 8mm hex socket to undo the fill port. Took maybe 20 minutes. I didn't get to measure how much was drained but I believe it was under 2qts. Filled her up with 2.5qt.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk
$ub$onic likes this.

MTech M32 Short Shifter, DDMWorks Shifter bushings, 3" Hard Pipe to SAB, K&N Filter, Ultragauge EM Plus, OEM Muffler Delete, DDMWorks Rear Suspension Brace, White LED Interior Swap, Bypass Mod, LED Yellow Fogs, Philips Diamond Vision Low Beams, LED interior
cuartz7o is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 12:04 AM   #503
The Sticker Guy

Garage

I can get AMSOIL oil for anyone looking for some

Sent from my S60 using Tapatalk

interested in AMSOIL?
http://www.snailwerksracing.com/amsoil.html

I get all my parts from Bad News Racing- Click their logo to check them out!

$ub$onic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 03:09 PM   #504
mja

Garage

The difference between 2012 and mid-2013 MY's shifters were noted earlier, here's the instructions for newer 6MT's. See post #396 of this thread for a picture of the newer shift tower.

1. Remove the floor console. Refer to Front Floor Console Replacement.

2. Lift upward and disengage (do not remove) both cable lock adjusters (1) to release the internal cable assembly, one for each side.

3. Block the shift control housing, push the selector lever (2) backwards and push (arrow) the blocking device (1) towards the shift control housing.

Note:
The hole of the transmission gear control (2) must be aligned to the hole in the base so the pin (1) can pass thru both. The transmission gear control will be locked in the 1? neutral position.

4. lock the position of the shift control lever by rotating the reverse lockout device with the following instructions:
Push down on tab (1) and pull up on device (2) to release from installed position.
Rotate device 180 degrees so tab (1) is in the rear of the shift control assembly.
Secure integral pins (4) in holes located on shifter base by pushing down device (2).

5. Secure adjuster locks (3) by pushing down until locked. One for each cable.

Note:
During this procedure DO NOT touch or preload the fixed shift lever as this may cause mis-adjustment to the shift system.

6. Reposition the reverse lockout device with the following instructions:
Push down on tab (1) and pull up on device (2) to release from installed position.
Rotate device (2) 180 degrees so tab (1) is in the front of the shift control assembly.
Push downward on the reverse lockout device (2) until tab (1) snaps into detent

Note:
When unblocking the blocking device (1) a defined snap noise should be audible, a snap effect should be felt.

7. Unblock the shift control housing, push slightly the selector lever (2) backwards and pull (arrow) the blocking device away from the shift control housing.

8. Install the floor console. Refer to Front Floor Console Replacement.

9. Verify correct operation of the transmission control assembly.

Last edited by mja; 05-19-2017 at 07:43 PM. Reason: pics
mja is online now   Reply With Quote