Go Back   Chevy Sonic Owners Forum > Chevy Sonic: Vendor Forum > TRIFECTA

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2017, 10:06 PM   #1

Default Locked PCM

I am trying to contact someone in reference to a PCM that may be locked with one of your tunes on it. I bought the car used and am trying to do some work on the PCM but it has been locked out. I have checked with BNR and they verified it wasn’t one of theirs. Any help is appreciated, thanks.
BlkSonic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 12:02 AM   #2

I would try emailing them directly from their website, you may have better luck.

FWIW, all Trifecta tunes are locked (at least for our cars), so you will either need to have them send you a stock file with your VIN and use their proprietary "red cable" to flash back to stock. If you cannot, then you will need to replace the ECM with a different, unlocked one (i.e. used or new).
02 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4WD - loaded, lifted, SE22 Performance tuned
ScarabEpic22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 02:04 AM   #3

Ok thanks. What’s with the red cable? Is it something different than I would use if I was to use HP Tuners software? Just asked cause you said proprietary. Thanks for the info.
BlkSonic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 05:04 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkSonic View Post
Ok thanks. What’s with the red cable? Is it something different than I would use if I was to use HP Tuners software? Just asked cause you said proprietary. Thanks for the info.
Nope, it's the only cable that can use their EZ Flash program to flash their tune files. HPTuners, EFILive, Tuner CATS can't flash a Trifecta tune.

They cables themselves are pretty cheap, but I'd talk to Trifecta first to make sure they are willing to send or sell you a stock file. Once you flash it back to stock, you can flash it via HPTuners/EFILive no problem.
02 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4WD - loaded, lifted, SE22 Performance tuned
ScarabEpic22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 09:07 PM   #5
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
Nope, it's the only cable that can use their EZ Flash program to flash their tune files. HPTuners, EFILive, Tuner CATS can't flash a Trifecta tune.

They cables themselves are pretty cheap, but I'd talk to Trifecta first to make sure they are willing to send or sell you a stock file. Once you flash it back to stock, you can flash it via HPTuners/EFILive no problem.
Pretty much what he said ^^^

Sonic 1.4T: +51WTQ / +44WHP

Visit http://www.trifectaperformance.com to order your TRIFECTA calibration today or email info@trifectaperformance.com for more information.
Make sure to like us on Facebook:
TRIFECTA PERFORMANCE
WOT-Tuning is online now   Reply With Quote