Go Back   Chevy Sonic Owners Forum > Chevy Sonic: Technical > Wheel and Tire Discussion

Like Tree442Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2017, 09:48 PM   #891

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darb View Post

Motegi Racing had a wheel awhile back called the MR119 Rally Cross S. It looked very similar and came in a 5x105 PCD. You might be able to find a set on e-bay or craigslist if you're lucky. Assuming, of course, you don't mind a wheel that looks similar but is different.

EDIT: Then again, perhaps it wasn't that they made a 5x105 PCD, but a blank PCD that could be drilled out to your specifications. I see quite a few blanks for sale on e-bay, but no 5x105.
LTZ ICE and Darb like this.

So many wheels, so little time...
http://www.wheel-size.com

Last edited by TheGreenDragon; 07-21-2017 at 09:53 PM.
TheGreenDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 10:33 PM   #892

2017 LT RS

Last edited by carouselambra; 08-04-2017 at 08:10 PM.
carouselambra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 04:20 PM   #893

Garage

I knew the green dragon would have some input, thanks man. I hadn't seen that one. Im in need of new tires and really want a rally style rim to put new rubber on. I'll keep looking but Im probably going to have to get some adapters, curse you GM!
Darb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 12:55 AM   #894

Garage
Default New Rims and Tires

Hey Guys!

Finally got some new tires and rims on my Sonic. When I bought her last month she still had the OEM 15" rims and whoever owned it before me plastidipped them....the wrong way. You'll see in a second. The new rims are 16's and I went with Falken ZIEX ZE950 A/S performance tires. They're 205/55R16. They have so much more to them than the crap winter tires that were on previously. I'm able to take turns a bit faster, they respond better and the ride is much smoother. Enjoy the photos!

Oh! I also just added the Hawaiian islands decal the other day. Figured since I just came from Hawaii, have a gigantic Hawaiian sleeve and chest piece tattoo that the Sonic should naturally have her own ink.
Attached Thumbnails
Aftermarket Wheels: Post'em Up!!!-img_0924.jpg   Aftermarket Wheels: Post'em Up!!!-img_0927.jpg   Aftermarket Wheels: Post'em Up!!!-img_0928.jpg   Aftermarket Wheels: Post'em Up!!!-img_0930.jpg   Aftermarket Wheels: Post'em Up!!!-img_0931.jpg  

BustaHymz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 03:35 AM   #895

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BustaHymz View Post
Hey Guys!

Finally got some new tires and rims on my Sonic. When I bought her last month she still had the OEM 15" rims and whoever owned it before me plastidipped them....the wrong way. You'll see in a second. The new rims are 16's and I went with Falken ZIEX ZE950 A/S performance tires. They're 205/55R16. They have so much more to them than the crap winter tires that were on previously. I'm able to take turns a bit faster, they respond better and the ride is much smoother. Enjoy the photos!

Oh! I also just added the Hawaiian islands decal the other day. Figured since I just came from Hawaii, have a gigantic Hawaiian sleeve and chest piece tattoo that the Sonic should naturally have her own ink.
I like the chrome inlay around the black rims. Not A fan of all black rims, however this I can bare.

Now, white-letter those Falkens and make em' racin' wheels
Like the Hawaiian islands decal

2015 RS Sedan - Black Granite
My single engine Tie-Fighter on wheels
https://wheelwell.com/corey-crow
SuperSonic15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 02:20 AM   #896

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSonic15 View Post
I like the chrome inlay around the black rims. Not A fan of all black rims, however this I can bare.

Now, white-letter those Falkens and make em' racin' wheels
Like the Hawaiian islands decal
Yeah I'm the same way, all black, especially on a black car just looks odd. I was trying to find an accent color, I was thinking green or purple. But I found those and liked them, plus they were a decent price.

As far as whiting out the lettering how would I go about doing that? Just using a tiny paint brush and white paint? Not too sure how to go about doing that.

My next step is to replace the rear drums because they are rusted and ugly, which means they're old and I want to find some good looking ones, along with some nicer breaks in the front, just not sure where to look yet. I've been scrounging the forum but I haven't found anything helpful yet.
Old 08-03-2017, 04:08 AM   #897

Garage

Sharpie paint markers!! in the craft section at Wally World. Yeah, I'm cheap.
Use a medium point marker for best results.

The letters are raised on your tire. I didn't even take my tire off to do mine.

Just grab a chair and TAKE YOUR TIME filling in the letters. All I did was the name of the tires for starters. If you go outside the lines a bit it really isn't that noticeable. Trust me on this

Oil-based markers will last longer than water-based. It's been about a month or so and I haven't had to touch my tires up, yet

BustaHymz likes this.

2015 RS Sedan - Black Granite
My single engine Tie-Fighter on wheels
https://wheelwell.com/corey-crow

Last edited by SuperSonic15; 11-13-2017 at 03:33 PM.
SuperSonic15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 12:18 PM   #898

Garage

Good to know thanks! I'll post some more pics when I finish it.
Old 11-13-2017, 11:49 AM   #899

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortThrowJoe View Post
United Kingdom Ebay. It took a while to find a set like the ones I wanted in the 5x105 bolt pattern. So you have to do a lot of searching and have a lot of patience. Took me about 4 months to find them, get a mail forwarding company to work with me, and then ship them over the pond.
I seen these there awesome and pricey too .....
SoCalRs is offline   Reply With Quote