Go Back   Chevy Sonic Owners Forum > Chevy Sonic: Technical > Interior and ICE Discussion

Like Tree222Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2012, 07:22 PM   #1

Default The MyLink Master thread

1/3/2013 Mod note: ALL MyLink posts, questions, info, etc. need to be posted in THIS thread. Do NOT start a new thread. Any MyLink threads started outside this one will be closed. Thanks.

So I've found myself behind the wheel of a 2013 Malibu Eco for the week. A few things relating to the Sonic I've noticed about the interior:

1.) The bass in my Sonic is lacking. Badly. I need subs and rear speakers/amp ASAP. Or once I find some spare cash (Yay college.... )

2.) The MyTouch interface is AMAZING. Especially compared to the standard radio in the Sonic. You can actually scroll through an iPod with some speed! I really hope this is available for us early Sonic adopters to be able to upgrade to. Would definitely be worth the money to get it.

Also, this Malibu feels HUGE compared to my Sonic. The interior is so wide!
ChevyST_12 likes this.

Last edited by Sonic; 01-03-2013 at 08:56 AM. Reason: Merged all MyLink threads into this master thread.
AxelRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 11:34 PM   #2

The Malibu is huge compared to the Sonic, from my point of view. For the bass I put in a BassStation and am quite happy, altho I admit I am not an audiophile. As far as IPOD etc, I do not have one so that aspect of the Sonic limits has no effect on me.

Laborstation
ImTravis likes this.
laborsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 03:25 AM   #3

i too added a lil sub and the bass is plenty and sometimes to much. but i deff want the mylink radio that comes in the 2013
doreo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 02:49 AM   #4

Garage

how long have your had your sonic? noticed that once the heat hit the area and approached the 4-5K range the sound greatly improved. Bass much fuller mostly. figured just like my aftermarkets in the firebird having them break-in helped....a sub would compliment it well though for the low lows.
LS1notFOUND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 02:15 PM   #5

I've had my Sonic since December, almost 10k on it. The speakers are better than they were when it was new, yes, but compared to the Malibu and the Volt I had a few weeks ago its really weak. And my other truck is a 66 F100 with 10's behind the seat, and I play bass, so its something I notice a lot.
mowencarl96 likes this.
AxelRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 12:17 PM   #6

Garage

gotcha
LS1notFOUND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 12:55 PM   #7

Garage

It would be nice if Chevy made it easy for us early Sonic adpoters to upgrade to a MyLink radio. But conventional wisdom as well as my magic 8 balls says probably not.
Deliboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 01:33 PM   #8

Chevy has specifically said early Spark adopters will be able to upgrade to MyLink. Normally upgrades like this are not easy, but I wonder how much difference there is between the Sonic and the Spark systems that one rolls off the line upgradeable and the other remains to be determined.

I look forward to when the upgrade kit is released and someone on the forum takes the plunge to find the answer.

Laborsmith
laborsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 02:54 PM   #9
Enforcer

Garage

I will be plunging to find the answer as soon as the 2013 is released.

-Eric Smit

2012 Sonic Build Thread

2017 Cruze Hatch Build Thread

If you were curious, this is where I buy all of my parts.

I work for a Chevy dealership. If you have any issues with the forum or a question for me, about the forum or otherwise, feel free to email or text me for a quicker response:

248-882-0883 | ESmit@feldmanauto.com
Eric Smit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 03:44 PM   #10

Default MyLink

Chevy MyLink is a factory-installed radio not a software update. I would think it would take considerable effort to swap out existing 2012 MY radios and replace it with the new feature.
SonicQueen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aftermarket, backup camera, bluetooth, my link, mylink, power, radio, service, siri, software, update