Go Back   Chevy Sonic Owners Forum > Chevy Sonic: Technical > Interior and ICE Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2012, 08:28 PM   #1

Default Turn Signal / Radio Issue

I've noticed an intermittent issue (it seems to have happened twice now, about a month apart) where I will be driving and notice that the turn signals are not clicking. I'll look over and notice that the radio is blacked out (not powered at all). When I push the power button on the radio, it will turn on and everything is back to normal.

Turning the car off and on does not seem to resolve it.

Is anyone else having this issue?

I reported the issue to Chevy via the phone, but I am unable to get my vehicle to them during business hours due to my work schedule. I am also concerned that even if I get it to the dealer, they will be unable and unwilling to reproduce the bug, making my time and gas wasted. The woman on the phone suggested that I drive it directly to the dealer next time without turning the radio back on, but I don't think that it's an especially practical suggestion.

Last edited by JordanN; 02-11-2012 at 08:31 PM.
JordanN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 10:19 PM   #2

A few days ago I was stopped at a light and briefly noticed a "flash" in the dash and radio, also OnStar was blinking RED. Next turn I flipped the turn signal and did not hear a sound although the indicator was flashing. Once I arrived home I turned the car off and back on and all was well. I have not had this happen since, although I plan to mention the issue at my next oil change.

I am with you though as I don't expect chevy service to do or find anything wrong based on my comment when bringing in the car.

I will update this post if it happens again.
SonicLTZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 09:32 PM   #3

Just happened to me. Turned radio on while driving, signal started clicking.
warbirdfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 09:40 PM   #4

Garage

Just happened to my yesterday. Freaked me out. Now I see that others are having this. Only happened the one time. 5000 miles on my car. Don't even know where to start with such an intermittent problem. I've already had my radio replaced when the right knob became kind of wacky in response to turing the dial and making multiple things happen at once.
oldertech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 12:49 AM   #5

This is a bit of thread necromancy, but I can't find any other info on the issue. I just had the same thing happen on our 2 week old 2013. After gasing up I realized I wasn't getting any clicking noise from the turn signals and that the OnStar button was red (solid, not flashing). My wife hit the OnStar button because we didn't know what red meant (never saw it before) and it immediately went green and the turn signals instantly started working again. Weirdest thing, especially on a car with less than 500 miles. OnStar told us to set up an appointment with the dealer ASAP, we;ll see what they say later this week.
bearda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 01:30 AM   #6

Garage

idk if this is related, but I know Smit's Sonic (I'm sure he'll see this thread and chime in) was making a different chime for a short time when he had his turn signal on.

I think it was a one-time thing though.
My Build Thread
Enjoy Custom Car Work, or Live in the Central New York Area? Check us out..
DKcustoms
SonicBoy24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:11 PM   #7

Garage

I've had the turn signals not click on one occasion. I didn't notice any other problems, and shutting off and restarting the engine solved the problem.
2009 Silverado 5.3 LT 4x4 ext. cab
2004 Pontiac GTO 5.7 LS1 6-sp. manual
Papasonic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:36 PM   #8

Garage

I have the same issue with my radio/turn signals.
Old 02-18-2013, 01:42 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearda View Post
This is a bit of thread necromancy, but I can't find any other info on the issue. I just had the same thing happen on our 2 week old 2013. After gasing up I realized I wasn't getting any clicking noise from the turn signals and that the OnStar button was red (solid, not flashing). My wife hit the OnStar button because we didn't know what red meant (never saw it before) and it immediately went green and the turn signals instantly started working again. Weirdest thing, especially on a car with less than 500 miles. OnStar told us to set up an appointment with the dealer ASAP, we;ll see what they say later this week.
bearda,

Sorry to hear this. Not something you expect to happen after 2 weeks with a new car. Please keep us posted on what the dealer finds after your service appointment.

Vanessa
GM Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Care is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:25 AM   #10

Garage

Had this "glitch" happen to me today... When I plugged in my iPhone to the USB connection I could hear the turn signal clicking noise.

Trifecta tune
DDM shifter bushings
DDM intake
Forge BPV
Pedders Coilovers
Sparco Assetto Gara wheels
Dunlop Direzza ZII tires
Ubryaj is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bug, radio, turn signals